While it doesn't create a custom Alfred alias/keyword for each item, I've been using the Recent Items workflow for this. It includes an Add to Favorites Finder Action that will add any Finder item (apps, files, folders) to its Favorites section for quick access later.
Here's the relevant section from the workflow's thread (link above):
Keyword fav: will list your Favorite items. To Add an item to
Favorites use Alfred File Action or while browsing any Recent Items
category hold fn key and press Return; to remove an item from
Favorites, go to Favorites, select the item, hold control key and
Adding Favorites: Finder Actions in Alfred
In case you aren't familiar with Alfred's Finder Actions, read about them here. You'll need to purchase PowerPack. The Recent Items workflow will install a new Finder Action called Add to Favorites. In Alfred, press the right arrow key → when any app, folder or file is selected and you'll see the Finder Actions available. Look for the heart icon near the bottom of the list; actioning that will add the current selection to your Favorites. (Click the up arrow ↑ to get to the bottom of the list faster.)
Saving URLs to Favorites
Since the workflow is limited to Finder items you'll need to save any web links you want to add to Favorites somewhere in Finder...and keep them there. (Even after adding the Favorite to the Recent Items workflow. If you move or delete the .webloc file it will disappear from Favorites).
Tips on .webloc:
- Drag the icon to the left of the URL in the browser address bar to a Finder window to create the .webloc file.
- Rename the .webloc file whatever you'd like (its the page title by default). The filename is what's displayed in Favorites, not the URL.
Accessing Your Favorites
Now that you've got some Favorites saved there are a couple of ways to quickly access them:
Out of the box
- Activate Alfred
- Type 'rec fa' (for some reason 'f' alone brings up Folders instead of Favorites)
- Press tab ⇥
- Arrow to your desired Favorite (or type some more to filter the list) and hit return ↩ to launch!
Assign a Global Hotkey
(To eliminate steps 1-3 above!)
- Open Alfred's Preferences (activate Alfred and click the cog or type "Alfred")
- Head to the Workflows tab
- Find the Recent Items 3.0 workflow and select it
- The second box down from the upper-right should be a Hotkey step called "rec Favorites >" - double-click this box
- Type the hotkey combination you want (mine is ⌃⌥⌘F)
Hit your hotkey anywhere (Alfred doesn't need to be activated) and your Favorites will be instantly displayed!