This is driving me crazy. I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1 connecting to the internet via an Airport Extreme 802.11ac. Speedtest shows I am pulling 116Mbps.
A week ago or so I installed HMA! Proxy client and ever since I installed that the speed in which any browser opens pages has slowed to a crawl.
I've since "uninstalled" that application and flushed the DNS cache and rebooted seemingly a thousand times but where before if I opened a flurry of tabs, even ten or more one right after another, they'd snap right open but now everything takes forever to load.
Figured I'd ask for suggestions here before I do the dreaded OS reinstall.
Ping to Google
64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=0 ttl=59 time=12.752 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=1 ttl=59 time=15.842 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=2 ttl=59 time=14.400 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=3 ttl=59 time=14.633 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=4 ttl=59 time=14.490 ms