Is there a keyboard shortcut to view the next page in Microsoft Word for Mac? In Adobe Reader, when I press the Right Arrow key, the view jumps to the next page. I am looking for something similar in Microsoft Word for Mac.

2 Answers 2


In Word 2011 (the only version I have to test) Command-page up and Command-page down go to the top of the previous and next page respectively.

Unfortunately I don't have a Mac laptop with Office loaded to test but on my Apple keyboard fn-command-up arrow and fn-command-down arrow also work.

  • According to Word for Mac 2011 keyboard shortcuts your answer is correct. Unfortunately, for some reason (probably a Microsoft bug?) this doesn't work on my computer. That's too bad for me! Jan 28, 2014 at 1:19
  • Check in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Something else might be using it. Also do you have any software such as Alfred or Keyboard Maestro that could be grabbing the keystrokes. Jan 28, 2014 at 1:21
  • I checked System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts and didn't find a conflict with Command-page up or Command-page down. I also don't have Alfred or Keyboard Maestro as far as I know. Strange. Thanks for your help nonetheless! Jan 28, 2014 at 1:47
  • Hmmm. Go to manytricks.com/keycodes and download the Key Codes utility. Does it show a key code of 0x79 for page down and fn-down arrow? Jan 28, 2014 at 2:36
  • Thank you for your reply. This sounds interesting, but given that I don't use Microsoft Word that often (mostly I use LaTeX) I will just live with the problem. One day if I have time, I will try the Key Codes utility and see if that solves the problem. Jan 29, 2014 at 3:24

On an extended keyboard, you can use "page up" and "page down" keys. Since you are asking the question, I assume you are on a laptop or have a standard keyboard.

In that case, you can use the function (fn) key along with the up and down arrows. It's not exactly the same since it also moves the cursor, but it will advance the view to the next or previous page.

  • 1
    That's actually wrong. In Word page up and page down move by a screen full. Jan 28, 2014 at 0:40
  • Fair enough. I started on 80x24 terminals. The OP wanted "something similar" and the use of the fn key isn't obvious.
    – ithos67
    Jan 28, 2014 at 1:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .