I am experiencing strange issue with my MacBook Air (2011, with Mavericks):
- I don't like to turn off my machine, so I usually just close the lid and put my laptop to backpack before I go to sleep
- I take it off the bag in the morning at the work, do only basic work (email etc. - no suspicious things in Activity Monitor), but my MacBook Air will get to high temperatures (90℃ for CPU, runs fan at 6000 RPM).
I can 'solve' that by putting computer to sleep, wait a while (~30 sec), wake it up again and temperatures will get back to normal. I already tried resetting the SCM.
- I don't keep MagSafe connected to my Macbook Air during the night
- I usually have plenty of running apps on my laptop (4GB of RAM, but Virtual Memory usually tops 10 GB)
- I always run 1 instance of CentOS in VirtualBox (with Oracle database)