My problem is that my iPad is not recognized by my MacBook. Other iOS devices are recognised normally by the very same MacBook. The iPad charges, but nothing else works.
My specifications are the following:
- iPad 1st generation (firmware 5.1.1) & jailbroken
- MacBook Pro Mid-2012 (firmware 10.9.1)
- iTunes 11.1.3
I have tried the following solutions:
- http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3540 (I know, Snow Leopard only, but I still tried)
- The iPad is also not recognised in
- When I try deleting all files on my iPad (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings), it freezes (spinning weel until "out-of-charge") and nothing happens until I restart using the Home and Power buttons.
It should be noted that the same issue occurs using other Macs or PCs. So my guess would be that the Jailbreak corrupted some essential files for syncing?!
This is an edit in response to bmike's comment. The System Profiler shows me these settings.
Kovah mentioned that the version of iTunes could be the issue. I have downgraded my iTunes to version 9.2.1 and did not solve the issue.