I have updated my Mac OS from Snow Leapord to Mevericks recently. I work behind proxy and I have set proxy for network and saved creadentials in Keychain too.
Still I get annoying system prompts for logging into proxy too many times.
Any solution to get rid of the Proxy login Popups ?
I did following steps
- deleted proxy credentials from keychain List item
- removed the same from Proxy Settings
- Added proxy settings again ( without credentials )
- tried to access google from safari it prompts for crdentials ( twice - maybe for http and https connections as I am adding proxy for both ) -- After above prompts I can see my credentials saved in kechain as well for proxy
- Still can not access google from safari, can access same from Firefox / chrome ( they have seperate prompt for login ), even can access itune store from iTunes. (iTunes asked me for keychain access of proxy )
- removed https proxy and kept only http, now I can not Access iTune Store so added the same again
Here are my keychain attributes for proxy
Name : 127.0.1.1 (vishal.kardode)
Kind : Internet Password
Account : vishal.kardode
Where : http:// 127.0.1.1:80 ( for https proxy its https://... )
Comments : default
Added space between "http://" and "127.0.." as it was not allowing to post
The Issue Persists, now I can not conect to iTunes Store either ( using iTunes ) every time I open Safari or iTunes I get the prompt, every time keychain gets updated as I login using the prompt but not able to connect to https://google.com or iTunes Store. Surprisingly I can connect to other https site Here is screenshot of the proxy authentication prompt
I have changed the ip of proxy server in above post to 127.0... . Actual ip starts with 172...