I love the improvements that Apple made to multiple displays in Mavericks, but there is one thing that really gets on my nerves. If I'm using an application on my secondary display, and I use spotlight to open a new application, I want it to open on my primary display, not the display that was just active. Unfortunately, the only way that I know of to fix this is to disable separate spaces for each display, which I use very frequently. Is there any way that I can force all of my applications to open on the primary display (the one with the menu bar in the Displays preference pane)?
I don't fully understand your question but here's my answer on what i think you want to achieve. Make sure you have your display connected when doing the following.
- Open the application you want to assign.
- Control+Click(Right click) on the dock icon
- You should see that a menu pops up and hover over Options
- You'll see something that says Assign To and then some options
- Select the display you want
- You should be done :)