I have a laptop that's two weeks old. I plugged in my headphones for the first time today, and I had no audio, so I unplugged them and I still had no audio.
I have done the following:
- Plugged in headphones multiple times and turned
- Checked for foreign objects
- Reset PRAM and SMC
- Restored from recovery console
- Erased disc and restored new OSX from recovery console
- Checked audio settings to make sure internal speaker, mute and volume and all ok.
- Checked for light emitting from headphone jack
- Checked that the micro switches in the jack are no depressed.
I am looking for more suggestions. I use the laptop for work everyday, so I can't afford to give it to Apple to fix at the moment.