I have an old Leopard MBP and a 2013 Mavericks iMac.
I want to install Mavericks on the Leopard MBP, but had no success since.
Here's what I did.
- I downloaded Mavericks from the MAS on the iMac
- I formatted an 8GB USB drive (naming it
Untitled) through Disk Utility
- I ran this in the terminal:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/ --nointeraction
- The creation of the bootable USB was successful, so I booted the MBP using the newly created USB drive
- I formatted the MBP internal HDD via the Disk Utility on the Mavericks drive
- I ran the Mavericks drive installer
Near the end of the Mavericks installation, I ran into the "This copy of the Install OS X Mavericks application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading." error.
I re-downloaded Mavericks from the MAS and tried again; same error.
What should I do now?