I bought a 27" iMac and hooked it up to my Thunderbolt display. The iMac is also thunderbolted to my Mac mini.
When I press meta-(fn-)F2, the following happens:
- The iMac screen goes dark.
- The Thunderbolt display shows the Mac mini's (locked) screen.
- I can move the mouse on the Thunderbolt display but not click at anything.
- The keyboard doesn't work (except meta-F2).
When I press meta-F2 again, this happens:
- Both screens go back to being screens of the iMac.
- The screens switch places and the Thunderbolt display becomes the primary display with the Dock.
I am at a loss as to how I am supposed to use this feature.
Are mouse and keyboard supposed to travel with the screen?
Why does the Mac mini screen appear on the secondary display?
Why do the screens switch places when I switch back from TDM?
Update: The iMac is a late 2013 iMac running 10.9 (no updates). The Mac mini was new a few months ago and came with (and still runs) 10.8(.6 I think).