I've learned how to split my terminal windows with apple-d and apple-shift-d. Its very useful.
How do I then switch between the two panes (see below) using the keyboard?
I know I can use the mouse but would like to know if there's a key combo to do it.

2 Answers 2


++/// will let you navigate split panes in the direction of the arrow, i.e. when using +D to split panes vertically, ++ and ++ will let you switch between the panes.

Note: is the [alt] key


Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts for iTerm navigation:

  • + and + navigates among tabs.
  • +[number] navigates directly to a tab.
  • ++[number] navigates directly to a window.
  • ++/// navigates among split panes.
  • +] and +[ navigates among split panes in order of use.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .