There are many screen capture tools, but every tool I've tried expects from its user to click and then drag the area to capture.
Is there a tool that allows me to use the keyboard for both operations, such that I can do precise captures in a relaxed manner - without holding anything? I do not want to capture just windows, but any rectangular region.
Example of usage:
- press hotkey to enter capture mode
- move cursor (cross, loupe, whatever) around using mouse/pad and keyboard.
- when I find a good starting place (top-left corner), click or press some key to enter marking state
- now, move cursor to other corner (bottom-right) of the area I want to capture, but without holding anything! Just move cursor with the mouse or using the keyboard, as before.
- when I find a good spot, click again or press some key to finalize capturing.
There is one such tool on Windows that worked this way: FastStone Capture
For me this is an essential feature. I simply want to have precision, without holding any buttons or keys.