I have changed my internal DVD with Crucial m4 SSD and I have put the DVD in to an external case.
I'm trying to update the SSD firmware and install Mavericks but I can't boot anything except MAC OS installation DVD.
I have tried to
- boot the official Crucial update DVD: it hangs
- install Windows 7: it hangs
- install Windows 7 on bootcamp: it hangs on windows boot
- install windows XP: it doesn't boot
- boot Hirens 15.1: it boots Mini Windows XP, but I cannot start DOS programs
Also, I have reset the SMC and NVRAM, no success.
Any Ideas why I cannot boot anything else than MAC OS? What is wrong: the DVD drive, the EFI or something else?