Apple webmail on Lion (10.7) Server is returning a popup error message about 60 seconds after trying to login:
Connection to imap server failed
or in Dutch:
Connectie met IMAP server mislukt
- Using the same user name and password, while sending and receiving mail works from Mail.app.
This Lion Server:
- runs 10.7.5
- is located behind a NAT router device
- id configured on a non routable 192.168.0.1 IP address
- uses a "Computer Name" and "Host Name" that are identical
- has a "Computer Name" and "Host Name" that are in the form of "host.domain.tld"
- "host.domain.tld" has an A record in public DNS that refers to the public IP address of the NAT router
How to fix this 'Connection to IMAP server failed' issue?