I have both a GPG key and an SSL certificate. I am able to sign emails by choosing OpenPGP or S/MIME in the upper right corner of the window:
I can then activate the signing by clicking the appropriate icon:
Now my question(s):
- is it possible to sign by default? (always unless specified)
- is it possible to sign by default only for a given account?
The ideal setup with three accounts would be
- account 1 always signs with S/MIME (the address is in the S/MIME certificate)
- account 2 always signs with GPG (the address is in the GPG certificate)
- account 3 do not sign (the address is not present in any certificate)
The priority is the S/MIME certificate, I could also live without GPG where only account 1 is using the S/MIME certificate by default.
I was now able to set S/MIME as the default (see Define the security method to be used, in the GPGMail 2 hidden settings FAQ). When I then switch to account 2 (the one with the GPG key) the default falls back to GPG (as the address of account 2 is not present in the S/MIME certificate).
defaults write org.gpgtools.gpgmail DefaultSecurityMethod -int 2
So far so good, now I just have to find out how to sign by default with S/MIME (and not with GPG)