How can I edit the metadata of an Epub file? I would like to alter the title, author, and cover art, similar to how I was able to do so in iTunes (get info).
Just started using iBooks on Mac tonight. I was worried about the same thing.
Here's what works:
- Go to List view in iBooks »
- Click once on a book (anywhere on the line) »
- Wait a couple of seconds »
- Click once on the data that you want to change or enter »
- That entry will become editable
You can edit anything: Title, Author, Category, etc. Voilà!
The current version 1.0.1 of iBooks stores your PDF and epub files in the folder ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books so you should be able to edit the files with the usual suspects.
Additionally, you might still be able add files to iTunes, make the changes you wish and then use iBooks -> File -> Move Books from iTunes to bring your modified titles into the iBooks storage sandbox.