In OS X Mavericks (10.9) I have discovered a very annoying bug.
- Have an external monitor connected to your Mac
- Open two windows of the same application (e.g Chrome), and place one window on your Mac and the other on the external display
- Click in the window on your external display to bring focus to it
- ⌘ Cmd+Tab ⇥ to another app (e.g Code editor)
- ⌘ Cmd+Tab ⇥ back to the app
- Focus is now in the window on your Mac, and not on the external display (where the focus originally was). This means you have to click in the window to bring focus to it again.
Practically this means, I can no longer have a window open on my Mac while working with the same app on the external display. How can I solve this?