I'm testing the "find my Mac" feature at icloud.com and one of my Macs can't be found. The site reports "Online, no location available".
I've looked around a bit including at Apple's TS 4006, which includes troubleshooting for this situation. So I'll mention that:
- Find My Mac is enabled on the Mac in System Preferences --> iCloud.
- The date and time zone on the Mac are correct.
- The Mac is connected to the internet via Wifi. Other Macs on the same Wifi network are found, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with Wifi location.
- Location Services is enabled in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Privacy
- I am in the USA, where this feature should work (and as mentioned, does work for other Macs on the same network).
- I'm logged in to the same iCloud account on multiple Macs, but only the one Mac is not found.
Also, though not specifically mentioned in TS 4006 or on other sites that I've seen:
- The Mac does not have a firewall enabled
- The "Play Sound" feature of Find my Mac works. If I click on this at icloud.com, a loud annoying noise plays on the affected Mac.
- The affected Mac is able to determine its own location well enough to set the time zone automatically and identify the city I'm in.
- Web sites that ask for my location on the Mac (e.g. Foursquare) get the correct location.
Rebooting the Mac does not have any effect on any of this.
The Mac is a 2012 MacBook Air, running Mac OS X 10.8.5, with all current updates applied.