I haven't seen a package-management system for AppleScripts, but it seems like the foundations for one are present.
- Scripts (and folder) located in the
~/Library/Scripts/Applicationsfolder ARE NOT visible from OS X AppleScript menu.
- Scripts (and folders) locate in the
~/Library/Scripts/folder ARE visible from OS X AppleScript menu.
- 'Libraries' scripts (i.e. those referenced by
load script) could be located in
- 'Controller' scripts (i.e. those that are run by users) could be located in
- An installation script could be used to compile the
.applescriptfiles, create directories, and other minutiae.
- Projects would be located on
- All that would remain is a directory service
- Is there an AppleScript package-management system (that I've missed)?
- In lieu of that, is what I've described a reasonable deployment convention?
- Are there any conventions for
<namespace>? Java uses reverse domain name (e.g. com.foo.project)