enter image description here

I am now using a 2011 MacBook Pro with anti-glare display.

I am going to replace the palm top case (The unibody case with palm, speaker and keyboard)

But I got noticed that the anti-glare display uses different top case from the regular glossy display, so I have to pay attention while buying the new top case, it that true?

I have contacted some eBay sellers, they seems not sure about this.


  • There is no top case on the unibody Mac line. The unibody is the last piece left on the workbench when you tear down a MacBook Pro. Might you link to iFixit.com to indicate the exact part nuber you are proposing to "swap"? – bmike Sep 7 '13 at 9:02
  • Hello, thanks for your response, I have attached a picture on my question. – InfoSec.Yang Sep 7 '13 at 11:31

The single difference between the Glossy and the anti glare MBP is the presence of a glass panel on the glossy one.

So yes they use the same body.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .