I have a few AppleScript files that I would like to share with the community on GitHub.
The files are located in two distinct directories:
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Outlook Script Menu Items
With this structure preserved, I could edit the files in situ, without having to constantly move files to/from a unified, script directory. a Questions:
- Can a single repository contain multiple, unrelated directories?
- If a contributor forks my repository (
$ git clone https://github.com/username/applescript.git), will the directory structure be preserved?
** edit 1 **
- Logistically speaking, how and where would I create the local Git repository? Seems like adding it to ~/Library/Scripts would be the easiest.
- Do the individual applications even recognize scripts that have been located in the ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/* folder? Or is this merely for organizational purposes.
Unfortunately, Outlook for Mac 2011 does seem to recognize the scripts located in the
~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Outlook folder, aliased (haven't tested a symlink) to the
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Outlook Script Menu Items folder.
** edit 2 **
The scripts referenced by a symbolic link are not recognized by Outlook's AppleScript menu.
$ cd ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Outlook Script Menu Items $ ln -s ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Outlook Outlook