I have tried to use iWork 09 but my machine is only Core duo and not Core 2 Duo so will not load.
It should run in your machine, as it is stated under Apple's iWork: System Requirements that iWork '09 requires an Intel processor ( not a Core2Duo ) and Mac OS X v10.5.6 or later.
Here's all of the requirements:
- A Mac with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500MHz or faster) processor
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended
- Approximately 1.2GB of available disk space
- 32MB of video memory
- Mac OS X v10.4.11 or Mac OS X v10.5.6 or later
- QuickTime 7.5.5 or later
- DVD drive required to install
- Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms apply