|visits||member for||1 year, 7 months|
|seen||Jun 14 at 18:52|
TL;DR: I love God, my family, my friends, a "real job", and tattoos. Passionate about Ruby, Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Capistrano, nginx, tattoos, Linodes, good Apple products, good beer, good jazz... Did I mention tattoos?
TL;BIWRA (but I will read anyway):
In an ordered list:
- I am a Believer.
- I am a husband.
- I am a father.
- I am a son.
- I am a friend.
- I am a teacher.
- I am a leader.
- I am addicted to tattoos.
- I am a tweeter.
- I am many other things that I'm not thinking about right now.
- I am a software developer who loves my "real job".
A "real job" is not:
- One that expects you to have an active Github account in order to obtain it.
- One that expects you to work a specific number of hours per week, especially when it's greater than 25% of a 7-day week.
- One that works out of a building where everyone congregates 5 days a week, behind closed doors or tall cubes, and has more than zero recurring, scheduled meetings per week (if you are a cause of this last situation, please see: Jason Fried's talk).
A "real job":
- Does not feel like work, but feels like changing the world for the better.
- Promotes lively, open discussions through mediums that are not meeting rooms.
- Has leaders, not "bosses" or "management" or other titles which are only good for getting your next non-"real job".
- Wants you to stand up to those described in the previous item (#3) and be heard, because true leaders do not know everything.
Questions? Find my e-mail on my resume at chrisweilemann.com/resume
|bio||website||chrisweilemann.com||visits||member for||1 year, 7 months|
|location||Lisle, IL||seen||Jun 14 at 18:52|