Tag Info

New answers tagged


Press and hold the ⌥ (option) key while clicking on Get Info for a given item.


Clearly I seemed to have lost the com.apple.metadata.mds.plist file from /System/Library/LaunchDaemons. I have replaced it with one from another machine and loaded it with sudo launchctl load -w com.apple.metadata.mds.plist and now everything to do with spotlight is working!


I'm on 10.10, and I have this service. $ ls -l /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata* -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1.6K Jul 30 01:33 com.apple.metadata.mds.index.plist -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1.6K Jul 30 01:33 com.apple.metadata.mds.plist -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 922B Jul 30 01:33 com.apple.metadata.mds.scan.plist -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel ...


my best pick for you would be Xnview with its "change timestamp" option under "tools" menu. Its robust and let you change all five (3x Exif and 2 file) date/time attributes belonging to a single photo. This tool works in batch mode with adjusting days, hours, minutes, seconds and picking the correct date/time of specific photo. You can see which date/time ...


The "Standard from the old days of text emails was to have the footer denoted by a line that started with two dashes "-- " followed by Name, then other values could be added with a single letter denoting the the type, so E for email address, T for telephone, F fax, and more recently M for mobile.


Ultraduty super power solution; Set play time to one second, click play in itunes on the the file as many times as needed. WhaBAM.


I noticed that, in iBooks, I have a book (Inheritance) which iBooks highlights as a member of a series (in my case called 'Eragon' instead of 'The Farseer Trilogy'). In order to investigate this, I downloaded Inheritance and stripped the DRM using Requiem (on an old virtual machine) so I could poke about in the source code of the book. Unfortunately, I have ...

Top 50 recent answers are included