I need to tutor my nephew in algebra. He's 3000 miles away. We both have iPads. Skype or the phone can handle the voice channel.
I would like an application with the following:
Each of us can draw on our ipad at the same time, Whatever we draw appears on the other screen.
Option for different colors. E.g. He draws in black, I draw in red.
Ability for either person to erase/modify their work, with a toggle to switch between 'erase mine' vs 'erase evertything under the eraser'
Ability to hit a one button save/mail screen.
Ability to scroll/magnify screen. Each iPad has a several viewport on the canvas.
Ability to snap and crop a picture and paste into screen.
In essence, I want to set him a problem, or allow him to snap a picture of a problem. Then while he works it, I can 'red-line' places where he has made an error, taken an invalid shortcut, etc. He can correct his error, leaving my redline, I can then check and remove my redline.
Nice to have:
- Multiple sessions so I can work with several students at once.
- Handwriting recognition that turns scrawled math into typeset equations.
So far the programs I've found have one or more of the following limitations:
- A: Only one person can draw at a time.
- B: Only one color can be in use at a time.
- C: You can't erase.
- D: Your canvas is limited to one screen
- E: Interaction is limited to WiFi.
- F: Interaction is one way: It's essentially a presentation tool.