I'm looking for recommendations for software to use to run companion slides and visual effects on a projector screen at a public event.
Ideally, I'd like something that can:
- Show titles/slides full-screen on an externally connected display
- Show movies full-screen on demand
- Show specific images on demand (i.e. 'go to John Doe's introductory slide', which I don't think a presentation tool like Keynote could achieve given its reliance on slide order)
- Show simple visually interesting animated graphics - something to leave running while people are finding their seats.
- Preferably be free or relatively cheap.
I considered Processing, but it seems a bit heavyweight for my needs. Keynote and PowerPoint are probably insufficient, given that I will need to jump around my different items quite a bit if the event order changes, and I can't really exit the presentation and click on a different slide while the event's running.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.