App purchases and in-app purchases can be cancelled with charge-back if you send a message to iTunes Store Support within a time frame of a few days and provide them a good reason.
I'd like to know if is possible to know what Apple-ID or User did the charge-back.
Take the following behavior of an
you in this case means the app developer):
- User makes a $99 in-app purchase and receive YYY 'Gold Coins';
- User buys in-app stuff using the 'Gold Coins' (Potion, cards, whatever);
- User receives the items and requests a charge-back;
- Apple accepts the request and gives user the $99 back;
- Apple informs you that you received a charge-back, but does not specify anything related to user like device's UDID, account or anything;
- Without user info, you can't remove the in-game items user got through the purchased coins;
- User shares this behavior with other users;
- Everyone does the same;
What will happen? Game/app 'economy' becomes hell and you get nothing.
So, is there any secret way (or a not so simple to notice option that I've missed somewhere) on iTunes Connect that allows you to know WHO did that so you can act properly by removing the items/cash/whatever (or even temp/perma ban if the behavior continues)?