Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The Game cube has a video output wire that looks like this : enter image description here How can read the video input on an iMac with this? What do I need to buy? What software should I use?

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

If you have an iMac with a Mini-DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port (21/27 inches) .

You can use your iMac in target screen mode using this kind of adapter : Mini-DisplayPort to Composite

If your iMac is older (20/24 inches) you won't be able to use your iMac with your GameCube.

share|improve this answer
looks like a mini-DVI, I'll check that when I see this iMac, but thanks! (+1) – greg0ire May 10 '13 at 18:35
I check and it looks more like a mini display port, like you said. Thanks again. – greg0ire May 31 '13 at 19:32

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.