I'm currently running 10.6.6 and my MBP has a nice and speedy SSD in it.
My plan is to replace my current laptop with one of the new ones just announced today.
Is it possible to simply take the SSD out of my current laptop and plop it into the new one having to do nothing other than that? I know the new MBPs have different graphics cards, the new thunderbolt port, etc... Does any of that hold me back from my swap idea?
Based on some of the comments below my thinking is now:
- SuperDuper! backup of my existing system to external HD (I still have a firewire disk I can use for this since I don't think TDM works over USB)
- Boot to that backup via target disk mode
- Update to the latest OS X 10.6.6 on the firewire disk using the combo update
- Boot the new laptop to the same disk via TDM and test
- If all goes well, run the combo update on the SSD in the old MBP
Good idea? Too much?