I am hoping to find an easier way to add/remove applications and restore my system in the event of loss or theft or if I purchase a new computer.
- find and install applications
- keep track of which applications I've installed
- uninstall applications and preferences
- manage licenses
- AppFresh for Mac - best candidate; not free
- homebrew-cask - good candidate; limited application support
- Apple's App Store - easily find and install applications; doesn't remove applications; not all applications are in the App Store
- AppCleaner - removes applications and preferences, but does not install applications
- osx.iusethis.com - tracks application (which will replace my spreadsheet); does not manage applications
Are there others?