Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a Macbook Air with a Swedish keyboard and when I type Shift+4 I get this: . What I would like to get is $ ,now at Alt+4.

How can I swap these two around?

share|improve this question
For more information about how to use Ukelele, see this:… – Martín Marconcini Feb 21 '11 at 2:55
up vote 6 down vote accepted

You could try Ukelele that allows you to edit key mappings for free.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.