Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

On Windows 8, I type win + left and the current window becomes full-height and half the screen width and moves to the left. If I type win + right, the current window does the same except moves to the right.

This is so incredibly helpful. Is there a mechanism to do the same for Macs?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Daniel Mar 30 '13 at 14:17

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 1 down vote accepted

You can try Cinch and SizeUp apps to do that.

share|improve this answer
This looks perfect. Is there a free alternative? – at01 Mar 30 '13 at 18:40
I do not know any free apps, but the app DoublePane cost $4.99. It's same as Cinch or BetterSnapTool at just $1.99. – Pratika Rana Apr 1 '13 at 10:02
I ended up with Spectacle, seems to work perfect and is free. – at01 Apr 1 '13 at 14:41

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.