I see from all of the various blogs and news sites that Apple finally has two step authentication with their Apple ID. That's great -- especially with the latest security hole where you can now reset someone's Apple ID password with just the ID and the user's birthday.
However, I don't seem to be able to turn on two step authentication:
Here's what I do:
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/
- Click on the Manage Your Apple ID button.
- Sign in.
- Click on Password and Security.
- I'm now asked my security questions.
- I answer my security questions.
- And, now I can change my password, security questions, my rescue email, and my birthdate.
Why can't I turn on Two-step authentication? Am I not going to the correct place? I'm trying to follow the directions on Apple's website, but I don't get the two-step verification option.
When I first went to the Password and Security page. I answered the questions. And then got the normal setting page for Password and Security. But I could not see an option for the two-step. What I missed was its above all the settings. You may be doing the same. Thats an actual screen shot of the top of the Password and Security page and show the "Get started"
Nope. I don't see that...
I'm going to see if I can contact Apple tomorrow on this. Maybe take my Macbook to the Apple Store tomorrow.