- This is a clean install. New Mac. No previous versions of Windows has been purchased or installed.
- I need an ISO, not a DVD because there is no optical drive on the new Macs
- Microsoft only sells Windows 8 Update, not the full thing. There is a "system builder" edition out available through some "partners" and apparently it also only comes on DVD.
- Windows 7 it seems can be bought from Microsoft but only in certain regions (mine is not included) and only in DVD form.
- I see you can get ISOs of Windows 7 from Digital River but that only works if you have a product key, ie. you have already purchased Windows (currently no way to do this, see points 1-4).
Really Microsoft? This is why people run to Pirate Bay. Any solutions welcome :)