Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am trying to buy an app that costs 399¥ , but I use dollars and have no way of getting yen... I live in America . The game isn't sold here and I wasn't allowed to purchase. It said my account wasn't authorized.... Is there anyway for me to get the game, like buying yen with dollars , or is it just reserved for people in Japan ?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Daniel Feb 20 '13 at 11:55

Questions on Ask Different are expected to relate to Apple hardware or software within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You can just create a second iTunes account in another country. It's a bit of a hassle when you have to update your apps (you have to switch accounts), but if you really want that app, it's worth it.

If you've jailbroken your iPhone, you can tackle this issue with iUsers.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.