I am going to buy a new laptop and I think it stands between two MacBooks.
- Apple MacBook Pro - 2.3GHz QC 8B 256GB 15" (guad core with GeForce GT 650M)
- Apple MacBook Air - 2.0GHz DC 8B 256GB 13" (dual core with Intel HD Graphics 4000)
I have some requrements:
- I must have the possibility to virtualize operating systems with VirtualBox.
- I must have the possibility to run some Linux live-CD:s/USB:s (not install it). How is the support for Linux on MacBooks, like Fedora, Ubuntu live DVD:s/USB:s etc?
- I will run some heavy applications in parallell, like webserver/application server, one IDE like Eclipse/NetBeans and sometimes one VirtualBox instance.
- (Optional requrement)I have some Java apps that uses Nvidia CUDA that would be nice if I could run, then I assume I have to choose the MacBook Pro with GeForce 650M.
I think the MacBook Air would fit me perfetct, I like the design, it is small and easy to bring. The MacBook Pro is a little heavier, but it has a quad CPU and a better graphics card.
Will the dual core CPU on the Air version get old soon? Or is it better to go for a quad?
What would you recommend for me with the above requirements and wishes?