TL;DR: iCal copies/cuts/deletes only a subset of selected events. Why is this?
I am trying to move multiple events from one calendar (on my Mac) to another (iCloud). To achieve this I try the following:
- I deselect all but the calendar I want to move from
- I go to Month view
- I select all events with Apple-A
- I move the events to a new calendar, either with:
- right click and assign a destination calendar
- cut events, select destination calendar and paste
- copy events, select destination calendar, paste, delete old events
In all of the cases at 4. I run into the problem that iCal does not copy or delete all events, but a random subset of the 11 events.
In the first case, all events seem to move, but some are also left in the old calendar. In the second case and third case, not all events are cut or copied to the clipboard, and therefore I cannot paste anything.
Update: I deleted ~/Library/Calendars and added all events from backups (exported calendars), but the problem persists. Also it seems that after moving events, the number of events displayed changes when I restart iCal (i.e. I move 11 events, 3 are still in the old calendar, when I restart iCal suddenly 10 events appear)
I suspect this might be an issue with the calendar, perhaps it is too large or something is corrupted.
- Does anyone have similar experience with unreliable behaviour?
- Is there a way to `clean up' calendars?
- What things can I try to narrow the problem down?