Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

When I am editing a Word document using track changes it would be nice not to have to got to the mouse to insert a comment at the cursor (since this is most of what my editing consists of).

What is the keyboard shortcut to insert a comment at the cursor in MS Word on a Mac when using track changes?

I am running Word 14.2.5 and OS X 10.5.8

share|improve this question
up vote 20 down vote accepted

Insert a comment

Turn track changes on or off

From here

share|improve this answer
awesome! and thank you for the additional reference. – KennyPeanuts Jan 16 '13 at 20:44
No prob. Glad to help! – Thomas Jan 16 '13 at 21:23
This is why I love the internet. That other people have the same ****ing annoyance that Word doesn't have shortcuts listed for their menu items! Thanks buddy! – user56909 Sep 11 '13 at 19:11
YES!!!! I love shortcuts! – SoilSciGuy Mar 27 '14 at 2:44
Any idea what it is on PC for the days I have to fire up windows? – SoilSciGuy May 15 '15 at 18:48

They actually do post it: They won't let me post without 30 characters, otherwise this would just be the link:

share|improve this answer

We're looking for long answers that provide some explanation and context. Don't just give a one-line answer; explain why your answer is right, ideally with citations. Answers that don't include explanations may be removed.

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.