I’m having a problem with podcasts in iTunes. Here’s how it seems to work:
- I listen to a few episodes of a podcast, rating them as I go. (I use the 2-star rating to mark podcasts for deletion once I’ve listened to them. I use higher star ratings for podcasts I want to keep.)
- Once I’ve rated a few (I’m not sure how many), iTunes seems to give the podcast’s “album” a default average rating. This is shown via hollow stars, as opposed to the filled stars for user-assigned ratings.
- This rating gets assigned to all episodes of that podcast, which means:
- Episodes of this podcast no longer show up in my “unrated” smart playlist
- If the automatic average rating is two stars, episodes of this podcast show up in my “To delete” list.
Is there any way to stop iTunes doing this auto-rating? Maybe a plist setting or something?