It seems that there are two different sleep states on my MacBook:
Sleep State 1:
- Invoked by: closing the lid or by the sleep timer.
- Awaken by: touching the trackpad, clicking the trackpad, pressing a key, or opening the lid.
Sleep State 2:
- Invoked by: Apple Menu > Sleep (or its keyboard shortcut).
- Awaken by:
touching the trackpad,clicking the trackpad, pressing a key, or opening the lid.
You'll notice that the main difference between the two is that in the first one you can simply touch the trackpad and the computer will wake up.
I have two questions:
- Why are there two different sleep states?
- Are there any other differences between them besides the one I mentioned?
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but I changed my MacBook's settings to cause Sleep to only Sleep and not the default 'Sleep and Hibernate'.