Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a Logitech mouse that is supposedly "unsupported", but I'd like to be able to click the mouse wheel left and right to switch spaces left and right. I figured out that Mountain Lion is interpreting these clicks as control + page up (click mouse wheel left) and control + page down (click mouse wheel right), because my IDE (Eclipse) switches text editor tabs when I click left and right. (See

How can I map control + page up / control + page down to change spaces left and right?

There isn't a clear way to do this in System Preferences. I'm comfortable doing some defaults writes from Terminal, but I don't know where to start.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

Have you tried BetterTouchTool to achieve it?

share|improve this answer
Nope. I hadn't heard of it, but it is exactly what I was looking for! – paulrehkugler Jan 7 '13 at 22:09

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.