Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The black plastic casing around the display joint has been broken (has a crack). Is it possible to get a replacement for the same?

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Can we assume you don't have AppleCare? – Richard Jan 1 '13 at 0:28

Yes - Apple runs a repair service through AppleCare although the DIY parts are few to none on that model. You can also buy parts from Apple Authorized Service Providers and they are more willing to hand out parts (usually for a price). I'd start with Apple and go from there to AASP and then perhaps third party providers.

That piece is nearly all cosmetic and as long as wiring isn't exposed or loose to catch / snag / snap, you might be able to fix it with tape or other adhesive by following the take apart manuals posted at

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.