Take the 2-minute tour ×
Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there any keyboard shortcut to turn on and off shuffle and turn on repeating on iTunes? They aren't mentioned on iTunes help section Keyboard Shortcut.

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

  1. find repeat and shuffle in iTunes menus and memorize their name as is.
  2. Press CommandSpace, Type Keyboard and press enter.
  3. select Keyboard Shortcuts
  4. in left side of the page, find Application Shortcuts and select it.
  5. click + button below
  6. in front of Application, choose iTunes
  7. type the exact name of the menu item for shuffle and repeat
  8. set shortcut keys for them.
share|improve this answer
Where is spotlight located (thing you mention on 2)? I'm beginner so please be patient. –  lambda23 Dec 4 '12 at 15:37
Press Command(The key that looks like the logo of this website) + Space, or you can find it in the top right of the screen(the magnifier icon) –  Bizz Dec 4 '12 at 15:43
Sorry I forget to tell this: I'm in Windows 7. Not Mac OS. Then i can find the magnifier icon, but after type Keyboard, I don't see Keyboard Shortcuts. –  lambda23 Dec 4 '12 at 15:48
I don't think the short key assignment would work in Win7, but in Mac when you type keyboard the top hit would lead you to a setting screen which has a button named Keyboard shortcuts –  Bizz Dec 4 '12 at 16:32
by the way, in win7 does iTunes have a menu? if so, see if they already have a short key. (it should be written in front of their names in their menu items) –  Bizz Dec 4 '12 at 16:35

Here's an answer for fellow Win 7 users: type the sequence Alt+C+S+T to toggle Shuffle. (A little harder to remember than your basic shortcut, but it does the job. You'll just be selecting each menu in turn.)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.