- set up a slide show.
- select 'sliding panel' theme. Set aspect ratio to 4:3
- observe that, on the very first image, the program has chosen a bad crop. there's uninteresting stuff on the right (next to the text title) and not enough of the left side.
- use the hand tool to move the image and fix the crop.
- export to a quicktime movie using 'custom export'
- play quicktime movie with quicktime player
- observe that cropping is now different -- back more or less to the original.
- import into iMovie
- image is then recropped on the left, resulting in complete frustration.
Any way out of this? Is there something about aspect ratio that I don't understand, or is iLife 11 just buggier than a new york hotel?