There are certain menu items in the Safari 6 Debug menu which I want to understand.
First, I’ll list the menu items; then, the information I would like to know for each of the items; and finally, I’ll post screenshots of the Debug menu and its submenus for context.
Specific menu items I’m interested in:
- Use Buffered Windows
- Use Single-process Windows
- All items under Drawing/Compositing Flags ►
- All items under Miscellaneous Flags ►
- what the menu item does
- use cases where it would help performance
- use cases where it would hinder performance
- use cases where performance would probably not be affected
Screenshots of the Debug Menu
Screenshots from Safari 6.
- (submenu) Drawing/Compositing Flags ►:
- (submenu) Miscellaneous Flags ►: