With Preview in Mountain Lion, I carelessly checked the box –
[√] Do not show this message again
– imagining that the preference was for just one volume.
Then realised that the warning (the sheet):
- no longer appears for Preview, with other volumes that do not support permanent version storage
- continues to appear for apps other than Preview, with the volume where I don't require the warning.
In other words, I imagined wrong. The preference may be app-specific, not volume-specific.
- how do I regain the warnings in Preview?
Already I sped through
~/Library/Preferences sorted by modification date, and opened a few files including
com.apple.finder.plist but at a glance:
- I can't find any
.plistwith content that includes the string revision
If the preference is elsewhere in
(I'd prefer to not abandon that file – it's 35 KB with 3,417 lines.)
Also I viewed the content of recently modified
.plist files relating to Preview. Unless I'm missing something, nothing relating to revisions, versions or storage.
com.apple.Preview.plist is not recently modified –
– and within those nine, the two that are recently modified seem to contain nothing relating to permanent version storage:
Any other ideas on how to correct my mistake? – Thanks