I am looking for a descent iOS application that will allow me to sync my grocery list between my wife and I. I would like a solution that has a web application that we can use to enter all of our grocery items. I have tried many apps but there are so many out there now I may have missed some. The main features I am looking for are ...
- Synchronization between devices and web app
- Push notification when list updated from device or web app
- Photo support (so I can get the correct item)
- Ordering items on a per store basis (Walmart has items organized differently than Stop-n-Shop)
- List items by category (Breads, Deli, Dairy, etc ..)
- Multiple lists and stores
Here is a list of apps I have tried that may be of use to others.
Grocery Gadget - Nice UI on iOS but the web app is abysmal in speed. It takes about 10 seconds to update/delete a single item from the list. Web app freezes regularly.
Grocery IQ - No photo support; Web App looks nice though. Adds "sponsored items" to my list without asking.
Easy Shop Pro - No Web App; No Photo support
Shopping List - No Web App; No Photo support
Splash Shopper - Local WiFI sync only
Shopper Pro - Email based sync. No Push notification. Web app has major bugs.
Buy me a Pie! - Cannot categorize items in web app. Web app is very "bare bones"
I certainly don't mind paying for a good application so it does not need to be free.