When an iOS app seeks permission to access my addressbook or calendar, what is it that they can do with my data? I am thinking of these things.
- Do they transfer the data from my device to their own servers?
- Do they keep a copy of the data from my device in their servers? If yes, until when?
- Does the data obtained from my device get deleted from their servers if I uninstall the app an any point later?
- Do they anonymize the data if they use it?
- Can the app developers sell my data? Can they sell it if anonymized(although I don't know how one can anonymize address book data...)
Answers could bring down my growing sense of nervousness each time I allow an app to access my data on my iPhone. Thanks.