Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am going out of th country in a few weeks, and I am planning on taking my Macbook. I have a power adapter for the country I'm visiting, but it was bought for a PC. Will it work on a Mac?

share|improve this question

You don't need a power converter, as Apple power supplies will all take 100-240V at 50 or 60 Hz, so a simple mechanical adaptor will do. Having said that, anything that will work with a PC power supply should also work with a Mac.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.