Well, I just spilled some sweet liquid in my aluminium wired keyboard and few keys are hard to press now. What is the best way to clean the keyboard out of the sugar? I guess I could just clean it with water and let it dry few days but I am worried about the membrane.
I don’t know what’s inside an Apple Aluminium Keyboard as I don’t have one. But washing it with water and letting it dry in the shade for a few days should not cause a problem. If any, you should be worried about rusting any metal and not about the membrane, which is made up of rubber or plastic.
EDIT: Don’t forget to remove the batteries!!!
|show 1 more comment|
Use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Remove batteries. Pour some around the keys that are hard to press, tap on them vigorously so that the alcohol reaches every spot and drain the alcohol. Leave to dry.